Harry C. & Deborah L. Elliott Family Foundation
The Harry C. & Deborah L. Elliott Family Foundation is the philanthropic arm of builder and developer Elliott Homes. Our Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of human life in the communities it serves. Established as a 501(c)(3) in 2003, the Foundation provides grants to other non-profits that support its mission.
The Foundation’s Mission
Established in 2003, the Harry C. & Deborah L. Elliott Family Foundation is the philanthropic arm of builder and developer Elliott Homes. The Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of human life in the communities it serves. To that end, we help patients gain access to life-saving emergency care at hospitals, women and children rebuild their lives with safe shelter, and college students reach their goals through multi-year scholarships, among other projects. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors that meets on a monthly basis.
Current grantees seeking to renew funding should contact the specific person with whom they have been communicating before submitting a new proposal. Written proposals from first-time or non-recurring applicants are reviewed within four to six weeks of receipt to determine if the proposed effort fits within our giving program. If so, a representative will contact your organization for more information. We are unable to respond to telephone inquiries.
We Partner with the Following Organizations
Policies & Interests
- Grants are made only to organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. No grants will be made to individuals.
- The Elliott Family Foundation responds more favorably to requests coming from the geographic regions of Sacramento, California; Phoenix, Arizona; and Yuma, Arizona.
- Funding has traditionally gone to community health care projects, scholarships for higher education, housing the homeless, environmental preservation and conservation, and services for disadvantaged seniors. Areas in which the Board members have special knowledge or interest are also considered.
- Government agencies and political or religious organizations do not receive funding. Exceptions may include religious groups that perform services for the local community.
- The Elliott Family Foundation does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, political affiliation, or religious belief.
- Grant requests should be made within the $10,000 to $50,000 range.
Grant Application Procedure
The Elliott Family Foundation has no formal application deadline, but has adopted a yearly funding cycle that occurs in late Fall. All applicants are encouraged to submit proposals well in advance of, but no later than, mid-September for consideration within that calendar year. We have no standard application form, but we request that grant applications include the following:
- A brief statement of your organization’s purpose, goals, and accomplishments
- A project proposal, including the population that will be served Information about the capability of leadership to implement the project
- Expected outcomes and a plan of how achievements will be assessed The amount requested for the project and the specific use of the requested funds
- A statement about other funding sources for the project, specifying both committed and projected sources of support
- A copy of your 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS
The above-referenced information may be sent to: The Elliott Family Foundation, 340 Palladio Parkway, Suite 521, Folsom, California 95630-8775.
Ready to Get Started?
We're Here to Help
The Elliott Homes Team is here to help you find your new home.