Salary range is $90,000 to $110,000 annually
Designs and Permitting
- Coordinate entitlement process.
- Present projects to hearing bodies and public staff.
- Develop entitlement strategies, submissions, and presentations, as necessary.
- Obtaining entitlement and permit approvals for projects.
- Assist with the development of financing budgets/packages for designated projects.
- Coordinate the design of community landscaping, amenities, and entrances.
- Coordinate the processing of all site improvements and model plans/permits
- Prepare project schedules through the permitting process and ensure schedule compliance.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of engineers, architects, and other consultants.
- Coordinate all federal, state, and local environmental permitting.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with Conditions of Approval.
Land Development Process
- Coordinate the preparation and approval of Improvement Plans.
- Coordinate the activities of the off-site managers with appropriate departments to provide for seamless acquisitions, approval, and construction of a community.
- Receive and analyze bids and make recommendations.
- Monitor change orders, design problems, consult with architects, engineers, contractors, etc., as required to meet standards and evaluate alternative methods when appropriate.
- Address any problems or conflicts that arise during the development process and create feasible alternatives.
- Coordinate all aspects of bond exoneration.
- Coordinate with homeowner’s associations to resolve project-related issues through community closeout.
Land Acquisition Assistance
- Assist with land acquisition feasibility studies. Analyze potential risks.
- Assist with the due diligence land purchase process.
- Research approvals/permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, affordable housing component/contribution.
- Prepare narrative land development reports for parcels under consideration for purchase.
- Review/interpret zoning/land use ordinances and master plans.
Sales and Marketing
- Coordinate all aspects of Department of Real Estate public reports.
- Assist Sales Staff as needed with sign permits, CC&R preparation and interpretations.
- Assist with HOA formation, which may include seating on HOA Boards of Directors.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate with high-level professionals. Solve problems that could prevent timely completion of high-quality communities. Be persistent, patient, and positive. Maintain a high energy level and to be creative and flexible. Easy to adapt to changing priorities.
- Assemble the information from a variety of sources. Organize information and present it in report form. Present information to top management, public groups, and/or associates of the company. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of managers, City/County officials, or other associates of the company. Effective negotiating, listening, and persuasion skills. People, analytical, general management, and computer skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret a wide variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.